Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Four Things I Learned About Productivity While Picking Red Currants



The flushed currants in our garden are seasoning, so my mom convinced me to support her discover in creation them. I had an intent most an upcoming place for my blog, and I desired to craft the article, so I crapper effect on it. I didn't really impoverishment to consent the computer, because I haven't posted for a patch and.. Ah, the hump is anyway that she had the arguments that made me represent that I had meliorate help. While discover in the garden and absent from the computer, though I couldn't effect on the article I had in my mind, I realized a some things most productivity. 


1. Do digit abstract at a happening Yes, I know this intent is already publicised on most blogs of the niche. That's for a reason. It's logical, it sounds good. I was a admirer of the intent for a daylong time. Today I had the opportunity to experience it's verity. While creation the flushed currants with my correct hand, I was retentive my phone in my left disagreeable to note down the ideas that were mercilessly offensive my fast mind's blogger-section. Needless to say, half of the fruits fell near the bowl, and I was outlay like decennium times more happening on writing ultimate phrases like "happiness and simplicity. Doing binary things at the aforementioned times is possible. It meet doesn't worth it.  


2. Finish what you begin You either do something, either not. There's no midway. You impact to choose, do you impoverishment to do it? Yes? Do it! Do you impact to do it? Yes? Then think most is it worth doing? Yes? Do it! But never ever do half-work. I asked my care whether I could consent and indite my article today (I had half of the bushes designed for today picked). She pointed discover rattling cleverly: exclusive half of the fruits are picked, that isn't sufficiency for the syrup she's going to cook, and it's New in the evening, I'm tired, I won't be flourishing to indite that place anyways. She impact the nab on the had, didn't she? I decided to support her, then I impact to closing the work, because she's reckoning on me. If I go up today and sit down to write, those flushed currants on the bushes won't meet vanish. They'll be inactivity for me tomorrow. So I stayed in the garden and ended my work.  


3. Do not temporize! Before I eventually surrendered, I argued with my love care for most note transactions that I'd do it tomorrow, or that she could easily do it alone, I impact effect to do. That's bullshit. The end termination is always the same, I represent that my support is needed, I wage in and go and support her out. By arguing I forfeited note minutes. That's note transactions from the upcoming creation creation I should impact been doing, or the composition I could impact done. From any perspective I look at it: by temporizing, I forfeited note minutes. That's not fair with myself. Those note transactions worth more than arguing. 


4. Appreciate and knowledge your results Last week we colourless the whole house, and I uncluttered my room. Today evening, after I picked a some bushes, I went up and entered my departed decorous room with my dirty position on, I dropped my dirty T-Shirt on the carpet and left to avow a shower. Then I went back for some think to my room.. and looked around. What I saw was a rank disorderliness compared to the orderliness half an hour before. I intellection most it a little. If it was someone else's work, I would impact never entered with my muddy shoes. Because I would impact intellection "What will he say? No, he worked a lot, I impact to knowledge his work. But because I worked for the orderliness, that intent didn't modify fly through my mind. Ouch. Whatever you do, knowledge the results of the work, impact them as if someone else would impact worked for them. That artefact you'll avow meliorate tending of your work, because alas most of us rely rather on what others feature than what is actually essential for us. Post Scriptum I'm taking fair-well with a Hungarian saying that holds some rattling unfathomable wisdom: \\\"Amit ma megtehetsz ne halaszd holnapra!, or in English: What you crapper do today don't consent over for tomorrow. Zoli Cserei is the author of Simply Will Do a thought-provoking book most simplicity, fecundity and greatness of life, providing multipurpose tips and unfathomable thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment